Joris Monin de Flaugergues
Joris Monin de Flaugergues specializes in white-collar crime. He was admitted to the Paris bar in 2015.
Joris assists individuals and companies pursued in France in connection with financial matters (corruption, abuse of company assets, tax fraud), industrial matters (deception, bodily injury and involuntary homicides), press law (defamation) and extradition matters (European arrest warrants).
He also advises his clients on compliance matters independently of any active criminal proceedings (Sapin II, design and implementation of anti-corruption programs), and in investigations by national (French Anti-Corruption Authority) and international (World Bank) bodies.
In 2018, Joris was elected Premier Secrétaire de la Conférence
- Represented a large automobile group in connection with an investigation of aggravated deception.
- Represented a politically exposed person in the framework of allegations of diversion of public funds.
- Defended an industrial group being prosecuted for involuntary homicide following an industrial accident.
- Represented a Russian national in the context of corruption allegations.
- Represented a large French industrial group during investigations by the World Bank, the African Development Bank and the European Investment Bank in connection with suspected corruption and collusion in West Africa, East Africa and South-East Asia.
- Assisted an American press group in defamation proceedings commenced in France.
Articles and publications
- Money laundering: A favored area for prosecution and settlement, July 2017, LexisNexis – Cahier de droit de l’entreprise no. 4, July 2017, Matter 24*
- Recent (but improvable) developments in guilty pleas in economic and financial matters, Dr. pénal Oct. 2016, Review no. 21, Antonin Lévy and Joris Monin de Flaugergues*
- Misdemeanor of failing to report the crossing of ownership thresholds: An outdated offense, Dr. pénal Nov. 2015, Review no. 22, Antonin Lévy and Joris Monin de Flaugergues*
- Police custody: A custodial measure lacking effective judicial control, March 2015, LexisNexis – Revue Droit penal*
- * Article in French only
Exchange semester, King’s College London
Master 2, Finance & Strategy, Sciences Po Paris
Master 2, Private Law, Université Paris II Panthéon-Assas
French / English
Former Secrétaire de la Conférence (2018)
ANTONIN LÉVY & ASSOCIÉS A.A.R.P.I.
Avocats à la Cour
15, rue de Marignan
Antonin Lévy & Associés hosts several trainees throughout the year, mainly for six-month periods. Traineeships are the main way we recruit future associates.
In addition to university training, the firm favors backgrounds that demonstrate team play, conscientiousness and strong professional dedication. Excellent spoken and written English are indispensable.