Ophélia Claude, a founding partner of Antonin Lévy & Associés, is a member of the Paris bar.
Ophélia assists companies and individuals in complex litigation and investigations at all stages of proceedings. She has extensive expertise in providing advice and representation on a wide range of subjects, and notably tax fraud, money laundering, anti-corruption, international sanctions, press law, transnational criminal law (extradition) and business and human rights risks.
Ophélia also assists companies with designing and implementing their internal procedures on combatting corruption in France (Sapin II) and abroad (FCPA, UKBA and World Bank standards). She has also developed experience in conducting company internal investigations.
- Defended an industrial group in connection with EADS insider trading case.
- Defended several companies accused in the “Oil for Food” public official corruption affair.
- Defended a commercial agent during a judicial investigation opened in France for corruption of foreign public officials.
- Advice and assistance to industrial groups with the design, implementation or improvement of their compliance programs subsequent to the enactment of the French anti-corruption law (Sapin II) (risk mapping, code of conduct, due diligence procedures, whistleblowing mechanism, training).
- Advice and assistance to companies based in Africa with putting in place anti-corruption compliance programs.
- Defended a large American group in connection with an investigation by the French national prosecution service specialized in serious economic and financial crimes of alleged tax evasion and laundering of the proceeds from tax fraud.
- Successfully defended against a request to extradite from France to Georgia a former defense minister pursued on corruption charges.
- Successfully defended against a request to extradite a former Senator from France to Tunisia.
- Defended a former executive of a semi-public company during a favoritism and unlawful agreement investigation launched by the French national prosecution service specialized in serious economic and financial crimes.
- Advised and represented a French industrial group in connection with self-reporting to a U.S. regulatory authority.
- Rising Star, White Collar Crime in France, Expert Guide 2019
- “Next Generation Lawyer” in Dispute Resolution: White Collar Crime, Legal 500 2019
- Rising Star, White Collar Crime in France, Expert Guide 2018
Articles and publications
- Guidelines shared by the French national prosecution service specialized in serious economic and financial crimes and tax evasion and the French Anti-Corruption Agency on the implementation of deferred prosecution agreements: Welcome clarifications for economic players, co-authored with Arthur Champavere, Le Mode du Droit, 16 July 2019*
- France heightens criminal enforcement of tax fraud, Expert Guide, 19 June 2019
- “Section on France”, co-authored with Antonin Lévy, The Anti-Bribery and Anti-Corruption Review, 2018, 7th Edition
- What the French Supreme Court Ruling in the Oil for Food Cases Says About Transnational Double Jeopardy, co-authored with Antonin Lévy, The Anti-Corruption Report, 3 October 2018
- The emergence of compliance in France, co-authored with Antonin Levy, Expert Guides, 16 March 2018
- Reflections on the first deferred prosecution agreement, AJ Pénal, 22 January 2018*
- Deciphering the final recommendations of the French Anticorruption Agency, co-authored with Pauline Dufourq, Dalloz Actualité, 9 January 2018*
- Liability of persons subject to vigilance obligations, co-authored with Antonin Lévy, Cahiers de Droit de l’entreprise. No. 4, July-August 2017*
- Article in French only
Bilingual Masters 2, European Rights (Paris X Nanterre La Défense), 2010
LL.M., International Legal Studies (Washington College of Law), 2009
Double degree in English and French law (University of Essex and Paris X Nanterre la Défense), 2008
French / English
ANTONIN LÉVY & ASSOCIÉS A.A.R.P.I.
Avocats à la Cour
15, rue de Marignan
Antonin Lévy & Associés hosts several trainees throughout the year, mainly for six-month periods. Traineeships are the main way we recruit future associates.
In addition to university training, the firm favors backgrounds that demonstrate team play, conscientiousness and strong professional dedication. Excellent spoken and written English are indispensable.